Sunday, January 02, 2011



S
o after four months of being here in Houston we decided to hit the streets of the museum district. we took the long road so we could take a look at the houses along University Avenue. When i grow up, I'm going to get a house there.

The photo you see in the left is the entrance to one of the buildings of the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.

As I've been told, the museum district holds at least three museums, some churches, a park and a few other establishments. I just wanted to see my first Van Gogh painting, so i hit the building right away.





My very first Van Gogh sighting. The Rocks (1888).

Since i know nothing about artists and their famous paintings, i only searched for the more famous ones in the lot. I saw a a few Jackson Pollocks in the American painters section. Impressive work. i wanted to take some photos but they didn't allow me.

This one, if i am not mistaken is by Monet.

I saw one painting that was mostly black. As a common tao, i thought it was ugly. really, really ugly. But then these famous painters can get away with anything and sell their trash for millions. Lucky bastards.





Then we went outside for a walk, and i saw ate getting photographed beside the fountain. Debut nya ata.



Then we took a stroll at Herman Park.








Other photos.










Oo na. Maganda na. But i still miss home a lot.

No comments: